by Felicity Hall

FASH at felicityhall.blogspot.com is the fashion and lifestyle blog of Felicity Hall, a politics student and aspiring media, marketing & PR guru, from the cultural goldmine that is Manchester, UK.

Wednesday 1 February 2012

The Great American Novel

Still on the theme of literature, I have come to realise how few of 'the greats' I have actually read. I've hardly touched Dickens or Austen and I can't really stomach Bronte. Why? Because I just don't get on well with the English greats. However, I do very much enjoy a good American read. So here, for personal use, is my to-read list of American classic novels, to add-to and cross-off in the, hopefully, near future.


  • Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

  • Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger

  • Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell

  • Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

  • The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

  • The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

  • The Sun Also Rises by Earnest Hemingway

  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment