by Felicity Hall

FASH at felicityhall.blogspot.com is the fashion and lifestyle blog of Felicity Hall, a politics student and aspiring media, marketing & PR guru, from the cultural goldmine that is Manchester, UK.

Thursday 29 March 2012

Formal Fashion Feature: June Ball 2011

The highlight of the Castle calendar, June Ball is a 12-hour, white tie event that calls for top hats and tails for the men, and summer garden party-style full length dresses for the women. Naturally, for a 12-hour event, outfit planning was an issue. Not only was there style to be considered, but feet, make up and hair needed to go the distance and last from 6pm until 6am.

Challenge accepted.

I wore a cobalt blue chiffon gown from Coast with a pleated bodice and A-line skirt that faded from blue to black at the hem. Shoes were black beaded flat sandals, that I disliked incredibly, and my hair was backcombed into a half-up, half-down do by Saks the Hairdressers, which I didn't like very much either. My make up was typically me, with dark eyes and neutral lips, and my jewellery was gold and understated, except for a large statement necklace which actually ended up being my favourite part of the outfit.

Again, I'm afraid I played it too safe. I wish I'd done my own hair, and gone for a more dramatic dress. However, my miserable time at June Ball was down to the company I kept and not the outfit choice - an experience I am not keen to repeat. Regardless, I loved my make up and think my face looks stunning. I do actually really like the gown, and had planned to wear to another event that got cancelled, only next time I intend to style it with long flowing curls and dainty black crystal jewellery.

No comments:

Post a Comment