by Felicity Hall

FASH at felicityhall.blogspot.com is the fashion and lifestyle blog of Felicity Hall, a politics student and aspiring media, marketing & PR guru, from the cultural goldmine that is Manchester, UK.

Thursday 29 March 2012

Formal Fashion Feature: Royal Riot 2011

In celebration of the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, University College Durham hosted 'A Royal Riot.' This was a black tie 'ent' that was part-garden party, part-sit down meal, part-champagne bar, and easily one of my favourite events during my time in college.

In honour of the bride, I wore a pleated white cocktail dress, which was actually a steal from H&M, and accessorised with the beautiful Swarovski jewellery purchased by my first boyfriend for my 18th birthday and my beloved black platform sling backs. I absolutely love this outfit and have worn the dress multiple times since, though for a while I did wear it with some rather-ugly-albeit-sentimental-at-the-time silver jewellery (which went for very little at the pawnbroker).

I thoroughly enjoyed my evening, posing alongside a cardboard cut out of Wills and Kate and waving my Union Jack flag in celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment