by Felicity Hall

FASH at felicityhall.blogspot.com is the fashion and lifestyle blog of Felicity Hall, a politics student and aspiring media, marketing & PR guru, from the cultural goldmine that is Manchester, UK.

Thursday 26 April 2012

Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman Costume

Ever since buying the boots in January, I knew my next fancy dress opportunity had to make use of them. And who wore the most iconic pair of thigh highs in cinema? Vivian Ward, also known as Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.

Here's what I used to make my costume:

Wig: Blonde bob style wig (£5.99, Luvyababes)

Dress: White vest top (£2, Primark) and Turquoise miniskirt (£3.99, H&M) cut to pattern and sewn together around a silver loop earring (6 pairs, £1, Primark)

Boots: Topshop thigh high boots, a previous purchase.

I had a wonderful time at my birthday party and my costume lasted the night in one piece. Not sure how soon I'll be re-wearing the prostitute look, but I certainly had a good night as Julia Roberts.

No comments:

Post a Comment